Ultrasound In The Food Industry
The food industry as well as the pharmaceutical industry offer manifold possibilities for the use of ultrasonics.
Hielscher ultrasonic processors are used in food manufacturing for:
- disintegration of cells
- extracting (extract intracellular components or obtain cell-free bacterial enzyme)
- activation (acceleration) of an enzyme reaction in liquid foods
- acceleration of fermentation
- dispersion of a dry powder in a liquid
- emulsifying of oil/fat in a liquid stream
- inspection, e.g. in the beverage industry
- deactivation of enzymes
- microbial inactivation (preservation)
- meat processing
- stimulation of living cells
- enhanced oxidation
By means of consistent application of special materials, as e.g. titanium and stainless steel of different grade, the compatibility of the technique with the process is guaranteed.