Ultrasonics for Vaccine Production
- Ultrasonics is a proven method to destroy or inactivate viruses, bacteria and yeast.
- Ultrasonics are reliable for the lysis of cells, e.g. viral or bacterial cells and the release of intracellular matter, e.g. proteins, DNA/RNA, enzymes and bioactives.
- Ultrasonic Dispersion and Deagglomeration can be applied at various steps during vaccine production to obtain a homogeneous suspension.
Ultrasonic Vaccine Production
For the preparation of vaccines, including inactivated, attenuated, protein subunit or conjugate vaccines, cells have to be either inactivated, lysed or killed. With the appropriate dose and intensity of sonication, cells and microbes can be treated in accordance to the process goal.
Apply ultrasonic waves to:
- disrupt and lysate cells
- inactivate viral and bacterial cells
- release of intracellular material, e.g. proteins, antigens
- stimulate bacterial activity
- prepare nano drug carriers
- activate/ inactivate enzymes
- prepare nano-emulsions and double emulsions
Ultrasonic Vaccine Preparation on Lab and Industrial Scale
Hielscher Ultrasonics offers a broad range of ultrasonic devices from lab scale to full industrial grade equipment for commercial production. We cover your needs from small ultrasonicators for your research department up to the full-stream processing of your commercially produced pharmaceuticals.
Reliable and Adjustable to Your Application Needs
By adjusting the parameters of ultrasonic processing, the effects of sonication can be precisely controlled. This means that a low amplitude and short sonication has very soft effects, while high amplitudes, elevated pressure and longer sonication duration results in intense processing.
Hielscher supplies powerful ultrasonic devices that can be precisely controlled in accordance to the process requirements. Manifold sonotrodes and accessories complete the offering.
Safe and Clean
Hielscher’s ultrasonicators can be easily installed in cleanroom laboratories and production facilities. The housings of our devices are made from antibacterial plastic or stainless steel. All wetted parts, such as our sonotrodes and flow cells, are made from titanium or stainless steel and can be autoclaved.
Hielscher Ultrasonics offer a manifold range of standard devices and accessories as well as customized equipment.
Extract DNA / RNA
Stimulate Bacterial Activity
Accelerate Enzymatic Reactions
Accelerate Chemical Reactions
- Poinern, Gérrard Eddy Jai; Le, Xuan Thi; Shan, Songhua; Ellis, Trevor; Fenwick, Stan; Edwards, John; Fawcett, Derek (2011): Ultrasonic synthetic technique to manufacture a pHEMA nanopolymeric-based vaccine against the H6N2 avian influenza virus: a preliminary investigation. International Journal of Nanomedicine 6, 2011. 2167–2174
Facts Worth Knowing
Ultrasonic tissue homogenizers are often referred to as probe sonicator/ sonificator, sonic lyser, ultrasound disruptor, ultrasonic grinder, sono-ruptor, sonifier, sonic dismembrator, cell disrupter, ultrasonic disperser, emulsifier or dissolver. The different terms result from the various applications that can be fulfilled by sonication.