Cleaning of Corrugated Hoses and Pipes
Ultrasonic inline cleaning is a highly efficient and reliable method to remove dust, dirt, grease and other processing residues from the outer surface of corrugated hoses and pipes. Hielscher ultrasonic inline cleaners can be easily integrated into existing production plants and allow for intense, hassle-free continuous cleaning of hoses and pipes. The in-depth cleaning effects of power ultrasound improve the quality of corrugated hoses and pipes.
Clean Hoses and Pipes with Ultrasonic Inline Cleaners
Ultrasonic cleaning is a powerful and efficient method for cleaning various types of hoses, including protective hoses, complete corrugated hoses, and spiral metal hoses, especially those made of materials like stainless steel. This process relies on the generation of high-intensity, low-frequency ultrasound waves in a cleaning solution to create tiny bubbles that implode upon contact with the hose surface. This implosion generates high-energy shock waves that dislodge contaminants from the hose or pipe surface, resulting in a thorough cleaning.
Why Cleaning Corrugated Hoses with Power Ultrasound?
Ultrasonic inline cleaning of the outer surfaces of corrugated hoses and pipes with an ultrasonic inline cleaner offers numerous benefits. Ultrasonic inline cleaners for corrugated hoses and pipes are a practical choice, particularly when thorough and consistent cleaning is essential, and when the design of the hoses or pipes makes manual cleaning difficult or impractical. These advantages of intense ultrasonic cleaning outperform other cleaning methods. Let’s have a look on the key benefits of ultrasonic inline cleaning of continuous materials such as corrugated hoses and pipes.
- Efficient Cleaning: Ultrasonic cleaners use low-frequency, high-intensity ultrasound waves to create tiny, high-energy bubbles, so-called cavitation, in a cleaning solution. These bubbles implode upon contact with the surface, creating micro-jets of cleaning fluid. This process helps dislodge and remove contaminants, such as dirt, grease, oil, and other residues, from the outer surfaces of hoses and pipes. The agitation created by ultrasonic cleaning is significantly more effective than other cleaning methods, especially in complex or hard-to-reach areas like the corrugations.
- Non-Abrasive: Ultrasonic cleaning is a non-abrasive process, which means it does not rely on abrasive brushes or materials that could potentially damage the surface of the hoses and pipes. This is crucial for maintaining the integrity of the corrugated surfaces, preventing wear and tear, and extending the lifespan of the equipment.
- Time-Saving: Hielscher ultrasonic inline cleaners are efficient and clean quickly, especially when compared to manual cleaning methods or chemical cleaning that require significant time, effort and toxic cleaning agents. This efficiency leads to increased productivity in industrial manufacturing plants where corrugated hoses and pipes are produced.
- Consistency: Ultrasonic inline cleaners provide consistent cleaning results, ensuring that the outer surfaces of hoses and pipes are cleaned to a uniform standard. This is important in industries where cleanliness is critical for product quality, such as in pharmaceutical, food processing, or semiconductor manufacturing.
- Eco-Friendly: Ultrasonic cleaning allows for an environmentally friendly and sustainable cleaning of corrugated hoses and pipes, reducing the need for harsh chemicals and minimizing the environmental impact of the cleaning process.
How is Ultrasonic Cleaning Applied to Different Hose and Pipe Types?
Hielscher ultrasonic inline cleaners use the working principle of acoustic cavitation and liquid streaming to remove grease, dirt, process residues and contaminants from the surface of various types of hoses and pipes.
- Protective Hoses: Protective hoses are often used in industrial applications to shield other components or materials from various environmental factors. In the production process, these hoses can accumulate dirt, grease, and other contaminants. Ultrasonic cleaning is effective in removing these contaminants from the surface of protective hoses. The ultrasound waves can penetrate the corrugations of the hose, ensuring a thorough cleaning.
- Completely Corrugated Hoses: Corrugated hoses exhibit complex structures and benefit therefore strongly from ultrasonic cleaning. Ultrasonic cavitation effects reach all parts of the hose, including the corrugations. This ensures that grease, dirt, dust and contaminants lodged in hard-to-reach areas are effectively removed.
- Spiral Metal Hoses: The proper cleaning of the surface of spiral metal hoses, composed of stainless steel spirals with corrugated casings, can be especially challenging due to their intricate design. Ultrasonic inline cleaning is particularly well-suited for these hoses. The energy-dense shock waves generated by the collapsing bubbles in the cleaning solution can reach even the tightest spaces within the corrugations, ensuring a thorough cleaning.
High-Performance Ultrasonic Inline Cleaners for Metal Hoses and Pipes
Hielscher Ultrasonics offers is leading manufacturer for high-performance ultrasonic inline cleaners. Offering numerous ultrasonic inline cleaning systems for the continuous cleaning of endless materials such as hoses, pipes, wires, rods and other endless materials, Hielscher will offer you the ideal cleaning solution for your production process. The ultrasonic amplitude is the main process parameter, which determines the cleaning results. Since Hielscher Ultrasonic wire cleaners allow full control over the amplitude, a gentle yet highly efficient cleaning can be reliably achieved. This is especially important when it comes delicate surfaces and materials. Adjusting the amplitude allows to achieve optimum cleanliness under optimum conditions.
Since Hielscher inline ultrasound cleaners are very energy-efficient and can be operated without or with only very small amounts of cleaning agents, the installation will amortizise itself within months. Furthermore, ultrasonic hose cleaning is cost-efficient, safe and simple to operate as well as environmental-friendly. With outstanding robustness, the maintenance of Hielscher ultrasonicators is almost neglectable.
Contact us know to learn more about ultrasonic cleaning of corrugated hoses, pipes and other endless materials. We will be glad to share specific technical details of our ultrasonic inline cleaners!
- high efficiency
- state-of-the-art technology
- reliability & robustness
- adjustable, precise process control
- batch & inline
- for any volume
- intelligent software
- smart features (e.g., programmable, data protocolling, remote control)
- easy and safe to operate
- low maintenance
- CIP (clean-in-place)
Design, Manufacturing and Consulting – Quality Made in Germany
Hielscher ultrasonicators are well-known for their highest quality and design standards. Robustness and easy operation allow the smooth integration of our ultrasonicators into industrial facilities. Rough conditions and demanding environments are easily handled by Hielscher ultrasonicators.
Hielscher Ultrasonics is an ISO certified company and put special emphasis on high-performance ultrasonicators featuring state-of-the-art technology and user-friendliness. Of course, Hielscher ultrasonicators are CE compliant and meet the requirements of UL, CSA and RoHs.
Contact Us! / Ask Us!
Literature / References
- Leighton, Timothy; Birkin, Peter; Offin, Doug (2013): A new approach to ultrasonic cleaning. International Congress on Acoustics, January 2013.
- Fuchs, John F. (2002): Ultrasonic Cleaning: Fundamental Theory and Applications. In: Proceedings of Precision Cleaning May 15-17, 1995, Rosemont, IL, USA.